|Home||List of Playbooks|
Favored Attribute: Network
The city is a great chessboard, an ever-shifting flow of moves and counter-moves: strategem, maneuvers, and gambits. It would be easy to lose track of everything going on, but not for you.
In your first session, add an element to the map that represents a useful perspective or vantage. Here are some ideas:
- A tall tower with a view of the city
- A plaza where important people spend time
- A lighthouse or tower
- A museum
- A natural formation within the city
At any time, you may mark Heat to add another element to the map.
- Who did I confide in when I discovered a plot within the city?
- Who helps me stay grounded when I feel overwhelmed by the city?
- Who helps me interpret the events in the city through a different lens?
(Improvement to Get Something)
You have a 4-segment clock called Prep. When you Get Something, you may mark this clock instead of Heat. You can reset this clock with your Recuperate trigger.
See the Connections
(Improvement to Observe Someone)
When you Observe Someone, you may ask “Who are they connected to?” regardless of what you roll.
An Eye on the Machine
When you put your Ear to the Ground you may roll with Network.
The Big Picture
When you Get Your Bearings you may always ask “How does this neighborhood connect to ____?” regardless of the other questions you ask.
You know someone in a high place among the local authorities. Your starting Favor with that person is -1. Whenever you like, but no more than once per session, roll with Favor. You may spend an Asset to roll with +1. On a hit, hold 1. On 7-9, reduce Favor by one.
Spend hold 1-for-1 to:
- Increase Favor by 1
- Add an aspect to any neighborhood
- Clear 1 Heat
- Add a Tie with an Insight related to the well-placed connection
If Favor reaches -3, the well-placed connection demands something in return for maintaining the alliance. Something big.
When you Use Power to protect yourself, roll with +2.
Ties & Secrets
Pick two people with whom you have a Tie. For each, pick what you know about them from the [[Lists#Area of Insight]]
- Derrin, your sibling who’s famous throughout the city
- Balti, a fixer you once employed, but never again
- Drugh, a dealer at a gambling den
- Ozhyr, a messenger you use, sometimes employed by rivals
- Ivedro, a stranger who got you out of a jam
- You may always clear 1 Heat when you lay low for a day. Ask the Magistrate what you missed.
- When you learn something new about a faction, clear 1 Heat.
- When you share an intimate moment with someone and make sense of the political machinations, clear 1 heat.