|Home||List of Playbooks|
Favored Attribute: Sway
The city is chaos, a swarming mass without form or direction, unless you command them and direct them.
In your first session, add an element to the map that represents power or authority. Here are some ideas:
- A law enforcement bureau
- A monument to past leaders
- A government building
- A crime lord’s lair
- A tightly controlled resource
At any time, you may mark Heat to add another element to the map.
You were born and raised in one of the neighborhoods in the city. Which one? You maintain a connection to that neighborhood. When you are in that neighborhood, you may treat it as a neighborhood you are connected to.
Eye for Trouble
(Improvement to Appraise Circumstances)
When you Appraise Circumstances, You can always ask, “What’s the worst thing that can happen here?”
Voice of Authority
(Improvement to Apply Pressure)
You have an official or authoritative role in the city. When you help someone with a social interaction move, they may take +1 to their roll.
You have a weapon. What is it? What is it’s name? What are its pronouns? Pick two descriptors.
When you Apply Pressure while brandishing your weapon, you may eliminate a reaction before they pick.
If you employ your weapon when you Take a Big Risk, mark Heat and roll with advantage.
- Stealthy - may be hidden on your person and brandished without others knowing
- Intimidating - crafted or decorated to look extra menacing
- Messy - causes significant gore
- Destructive - damages property
- Defensive - provides some protection from harm
You have a gang, posse, or troupe. Their Loyalty starts at 0. Pick two descriptors. When you ask them to do something that aligns with their descriptors, describe what you want them to do and roll +Loyalty. Otherwise, roll flat.
On a hit, they do it but pick 1 outcome or mark Heat. On 10+, increase Loyalty by one (max +3)
- It’s not quite right.
- It will lead back to you.
- It’s not done on time.
- Tough: The group is strong and physically powerful.
- Tricky: The group is practices in the art of subterfuge and concealment.
- Connected: The group is in touch with a wide variety of individuals.
- Resourceful: The group has access to useful resources.
- Diverse: The group is made up of lots of different kinds of people.
- Insinuated: Members of the group have undercover positions throughout the city.
On the Spot
When you Get Something, you may add “meet them at a place they designate” to the list of options.
When you Use Power to enhance your movement, roll with +2.
Ties & Secrets
Pick two people with whom you have a Tie. For each, pick what you know about them from the [[Lists#Area of Insight]]
- Harbear, your first trainer, now down on their luck
- Jofuna, your former partner who’s moved onto other endeavors
- Gidrun, an honest official in a corrupt organization
- Andreg, a disgraced noble
- Yatthai, your parent who follows a different moral compass
- You may always clear 1 Heat when you lay low for a day. Ask the Magistrate what you missed.
- When you exert your authority over a large group, clear 1 Heat.
- When you share an intimate moment with someone and make sense of the chaos you observed, clear 1 Heat.