|Home||List of Playbooks|
Favored Attribute: Network
The city is the greatest marketplace in the world for goods and information but without you, people wouldn’t find each other to make such exchanges.
In your first session, add an element to the map that represents a place where people meet up. Here are some ideas:
- A historic plaza or park
- A centrally-located cafe
- A club
- A high-end lunch spot
- A pedestrian street
At any time, you may mark Heat to add another element to the map.
- For whom did I make an introduction that ended badly?
- Who knows someone who refuses to interact with me?
- Who attended an event I hosted?
(Improvement to Meet Someone New)
When you Meet Someone New, in lieu of answering a question you may instead offer to facilitate an introduction to someone important to them.
(Improvement to Negotiate)
When you Negotiate, they pick two Weak Responses.
Create a Diversion
When you spread a rumor to create a distraction after you Reveal a Secret, roll +Network. On a hit, you may avoid marking Heat. On a 10+, you may limit the Reactions they can pick from: offer them two.
When you need someone in your current neighborhood with a particular skill, expertise, or knowledge, roll +Network. If you have a connection to the neighborhood, roll with advantage. On a hit, you know where to find them. On a 7-9, pick 1.
- They’re not at home when you get there.
- They don’t remember you.
- Their expertise has been compromised.
- They need convincing to help you.
You speak a local dialect specific to trading or commerce. Pick two descriptors for the dialect. When you Observe Someone, you may freely ask, “Do they speak the Trade Tongue?” When interacting with someone who speaks the Trade Tongue, roll with advantage.
- Secret (people don’t know about it)
- Hidden (it may be used without others easily recognizing it)
- Incomplete (it covers only rudimentary trading or commercial concepts)
- Offensive (if they hear it, they judge you harshly)
- Proximity (it requires speakers to be a certain distance from each other)
When you Get Something that is especially difficult or illegal, after rolling, start a 6-segment Contraband clock. On 7-9, mark 1 segment. On 6-, mark 3 segments. From now on, you may mark the clock instead of marking Heat. When you fill the clock, someone will stop at nothing to recover the item.
Grease the Wheels
When you Use Power to aid in movement, roll with +2.
Ties & Secrets
Pick two people with whom you have a Tie. For each, pick what you know about them from the [[Lists#Area of Insight]]
- Tolith, an information broker
- Virion, a younger relative
- Sylmar, a former lover
- Kendel, a confidant
- Aelrin, a high ranked customer
- You may always clear 1 Heat when you lay low for a day. Ask the Magistrate what you missed.
- When you find out what makes someone interesting, you may clear 1 Heat.
- When you share an intimate moment with someone and you can avoid talking about business, clear 1 Heat.