|Home||List of Playbooks|
Favored Attribute: Lore
The city is your laboratory, and you study everything that comes through it – a dilettante whose curiosity is matched only by your persistence.
In your first session, add an element to the map that represents the city’s diversity and variegated experience. Here are some ideas:
- An ethnic neighborhood
- A museum
- A port
- A bohemian or artists enclave
- A theater
At any time, you may mark Heat to add another element to the map.
(Improvement to Appraise Circumstances)
When you Appraise Circumstances involving a faction or a neighborhood, on a hit you may rewrite one of the target’s tags.
Open to New Experiences
(Improvement to Sample the Sights & Sounds)
When you Sample the Sights and Sounds, you may clear 2 Heat when you pick a Reaction.
I’ve Studied Your Kind
When you Meet Someone New, you may roll with Lore instead of Network.
When you recall an obscure fact or bit of trivia, roll +Lore. On a hit, the information is correct and relevant. Take +1 forward to the next move using that information. On 7-9, pick one compromise.
- You’re missing one key detail.
- You got one small piece of the information wrong.
- You remember an important part of the information too late.
- You mixed up two aspects of the information.
Note on the map where the laboratory is, and pick two aspects that describe it:
When you conduct an experiment or do research or build something in your laboratory, write a belief about your work and roll +Aspects (lower is better). On a hit, the belief is challenged – mark it. On 10+, pick a consequence.
You may spend 2 Assets to remove one aspect from the laboratory.
- The work has a temporary effect on you
- Add the aspect Damaged to your laboratory
- Add another aspect to your laboratory
- Mark Heat
You have a Cache with 5 uses. If you have a connection with the neighborhood, you may mark the Cache to retrieve a useful item.
When you Use Power to see clearly or reveal hidden things, roll with +2.
Ties & Secrets
Pick two people with whom you have a Tie. For each, pick what you know about them from the [[Lists#Area of Insight]]
- Fritz, a former colleague
- Toula, a rival
- Wiley, a supplier
- Harvet, a patron
- Sarle, a government official
- You may always clear 1 Heat when you lay low for a day. Ask the Magistrate what you missed.
- When you come upon an interesting mystery in the city, clear one Heat.
- When you share an intimate moment with someone and you can observe the beauty of the city without studying it, clear 1 Heat.